June22nd

59 Comments

PRESS RELEASE

DRAGONFORCE, the stellar musicians whose latest ‘Ultra Beatdown’ album charted strongly all over the world, have announced the release of their first live album.

Titled ‘Twilight Dementia’ and produced by longstanding DF collaborator Karl Groom along with band guitarists Herman Li & Sam Totman, this double live set is now confirmed for a September 13th 2010 release on Spinefarm Records and Roadrunner Records (US, Canada).

Featuring 13 tracks, including such pivotal numbers as ‘Fury Of The Storm’, ‘Operation Ground And Pound’, ‘My Spirit Will Go On’, ‘Valley Of The Damned’, ‘Heroes Of Our Time’ & ‘Through The Fire And Flames’, this exercise in soaring vocals & advanced guitar pyrotechnics was recorded across 19 UK shows, with the very best takes lovingly compiled and mixed by Groom, Totman & Li.

Says Herman:

“For years, fans have been asking us to record a live album, but honestly, we never really had the time due to our worldwide touring commitments and studio album recording. However, due to the overwhelmingly positive feedback from fans on the ‘Ultra Beatdown World Tour’, we decided to finally put some real thought into it…

“The idea was to record every single show from the last leg of the tour, so we could pick the best take of each song without needing to do any overdubs in the studio; keeping the whole thing ‘LIVE’ like all the classic live metal albums.

“These recordings really capture the raw sonic energy of a Dragonforce show in fine detail. It is so real that you can hear the noise of the crowd and experience the show as it was that night – you can even hear the guitar pedals being stepped on!”

FORMED IN 1999, Dragonforce – a multi-national amalgam of players at the very top of their game – have spent the past decade proving that virtuoso musicianship and strong songwriting values can appeal to rock fans right across the board; it’s a journey that has seen the band playing sold-out headline shows around the world, including in markets as far afield as China, Hawaii, New Zealand, Russia & Columbia, forging a telling relationship with the ‘Guitar Hero’ franchise, and tucking four strong studio albums under their collective belt, with sales currently topping the two million mark worldwide.

And now, whilst seeking a replacement for recently departed singer ZP Theart, the band have delivered a set of recordings that successfully highlight the non-stop energy and entertainment-or-bust ethos of the Dragonforce musicians in full live flow.

Twilight Dementia – Artwork & Track List

The Last Journey Home
Valley of the Damned
Strike of the Ninja
Through the Fire and Flames

59 Comments

• Comment by Brandon Bordman — June 22, 2010 @ 08:53

One free live track please?

• Comment by Andrew Motherwell — June 22, 2010 @ 09:34

Cant wait to hear it. I heard u live for the first time in glasgow december 2009. It was awesome.

• Comment by Alasdair Hurst — June 22, 2010 @ 09:41

Woo! DF is finally going live @ home. making use of that new equipment that makes it possible to sound good live :P

• Comment by Jeff — June 22, 2010 @ 09:51

Sweet, all my favorite tracks. I can’t wait for it.

• Comment by Axel — June 22, 2010 @ 09:53

Awesome news !

Now please don’t screw up with finding the new singer and keep up the great work !

• Comment by victorhs — June 22, 2010 @ 10:49

That’s awesome! Can’t wait for it… :D

• Comment by Calum — June 22, 2010 @ 11:53

I guess this should shut up anyone who says you guys can’t play live =)

• Comment by Jesse — June 22, 2010 @ 11:54

World tour my bum they didnt come 2 NZ..
    least i hope they didnt

• Comment by giux — June 22, 2010 @ 11:58

yeah, amazing! :D

• Comment by 3plupp — June 22, 2010 @ 12:14

I cant wait

• Comment by Mike — June 22, 2010 @ 13:32

At last, something new. :) :) :) I was waiting for it 2 years

• Comment by Tempak — June 22, 2010 @ 13:39

this summer will be full of new albums of bands I’m listening to, such as Iron Maiden or Serj Tankian, and now DragonForce :)

• Comment by Fan of DF — June 22, 2010 @ 15:21

Yes, yes, yes! All my fav songs! Where Dragons Rule, Starfire, VotD and my favourite, Fields of Despair! You guys are totally the best! Thanks for those songs, and of course, for the whole album. And that album cover is just totally amazing! Can’t wait! Btw, will DF do any festival gigs next summer (it’s sad that all the Finnish clubs where you come are K18…. but my friend’s mum works on one all ages club [which also has a little K18 area] and she has promised to try to get you guys there)? Why I always speak so much offtopic….? :D

• Comment by Daniel — June 22, 2010 @ 15:22

BLASTING NEWS! Man, I can’T wait for it! This is so great! You rock guys….
    Your greatest Fan…

P.S:
    When do you decide, who you new singer will be?

• Comment by Shadow Dragon — June 22, 2010 @ 18:58

WHOOOO!!! Ilove all those songs :D Cant wait for it

• Comment by Names suck... oh wait. — June 22, 2010 @ 21:12

Finally. I love all these songs. The ones that I’m especially looking forward to are Heroes of Our Time, Fields of Despair, Starfire, Soldiers of the Wasteland, Where Dragons Rule, and The Last Journey Home

• Comment by Names suck... oh wait. — June 22, 2010 @ 21:20

By the way, is this only a CD or will there be a DVD set as well? And do you think that ZP will be very happy with his face on the album?

I’m so happy. I never listen to Dream Theater’s work on the album when I have it live (minus Scenes From New York and Chaos in Motion) , and I’m glad that I can finally add DragonForce to the list of bands that I prefer to listen to live. Hell, I even liked Through the Fire and Flames from the infamous glasgow show better than Through the Fire and Flames on the album! This is the best DragonForce news in a while!

• Comment by Afro sammari — June 22, 2010 @ 21:25

these songs are legit

• Comment by ryan — June 22, 2010 @ 22:44

Finally!!! Release it on Vinyl too!

• Comment by Haraio [SOTW] — June 22, 2010 @ 23:37

This will be so awesome :D

• Comment by PowerMetalSquirrelGirl — June 23, 2010 @ 02:30

yay! can’t wait for the new album! i marked the date on my calendar so i don’t forget. :)
    i’m glad we at least get one more album with ZP singing.

now..what about studio album number 5? :)
    ps- you guys should come back to the US…especially somewhere near St. Louis MO. hint hint

• Comment by Gonzalo — June 23, 2010 @ 03:00

that good! will launch another disc on 13 September that hopefully you have better songs are the best speed metal group after ended the game Guitar hero III with the song Through the fire and flames

• Comment by Travis Ramnath — June 23, 2010 @ 05:03

OMG CANT FUCKKING WAAIT!

• Comment by Scott — June 23, 2010 @ 13:10

Is it a DVD or just CD ?

• Comment by Renan Li — June 23, 2010 @ 15:45

Eles poderiam fazer um albúm com musicas diferentes…
    to cansado de musicas repedidas…
    mas, tah bom pow!
    ah, vai se ferrar ZP!

• Comment by Renan Li — June 23, 2010 @ 15:46

the new video

• Comment by waltermx — June 24, 2010 @ 02:16

finally!!!!!!!!! this is so effing awesome news !!!!!!

• Comment by Charlotte Asano — June 24, 2010 @ 06:22

one word, AWESOME (haters beware)

• Comment by Dave Guldemond — June 24, 2010 @ 10:29

YES YES YES YES, than I can listen to that the whole day! and all the haters will go away, thank you dragonforce

• Comment by Danny Harris — June 25, 2010 @ 13:31

Wow this is gonna be amazing. Hopefully alot of the tracks will be from the reading show cus I was there! The reading show had like a 7 page spread in metal hammer aswell. Great show so I know that this album is gonna be absolutely immense. Thankyou DragonForce for such a wonderous gift.
    \m/ ^_^\m/

• Comment by Wintergolem — June 25, 2010 @ 18:07

There are so many things about this album I can’t wait to experience. Interesting title, now who is the person in DragonForce who likes the twilight saga? I’m predicting Vad or Fred. Great title, but the whole twilight saga has unfortunately ruined it. (sad face)

• Comment by Lucas Maciel — June 25, 2010 @ 21:57

ei me escolham com seu novo vocalista (singer) para sua banda canto muito bem ei capa legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    observation: i’m from Brazil!!!!

• Comment by juan miguel — June 26, 2010 @ 03:28

yo vivo en Costa Rica y aqui lo más que puedo escuchar de ustedes es musica pirateada porque aqui no llega nada original puras copias. De verdad quiero este paquete y ORIGINAL POR FAVOR!!!! NO MÁS COPIAS!!!!! ahhh y tambien me gustaria un abrigo.. Espero que un dia DRAGONFORCE este en costarica porfavor

• Comment by luis met — June 27, 2010 @ 20:17

que bien!!! muy buena lista de canciones!!!

• Comment by Jona-Man — June 27, 2010 @ 22:29

Great, can’t wait!

• Comment by DeanDimTheGreat — June 28, 2010 @ 11:22

Great news!!!! I always wanted to hear that a live album would come out. Firstly, I thought ” What the hell?” Zp left and now they’ll remind us his glorious voice?? Then, I thought that maybe it’s the epilogue of the first 10 DF years for a new era shall begin.
    I don’t now what to think now. My feelings are mixed; confused and happy(where hapiness takes over the other one)!!!! :D

See ya in Speptember 13th, in a local diskstore!!!!

• Comment by Adam — June 29, 2010 @ 03:08

This is pretty sweet, though my heart sank when I saw where Dragons rule on the list, black winter night would have been a much better choice in my opinion. I hope we get a bonus track featuring the new singer.

• Comment by LUIS — June 29, 2010 @ 15:46

WAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOH DRAGONFORCE IS THE BEST METAL BAND ON THE WORLD. I WISH SOME TIME THEY PLAY IN MY COUNTRY ECUADOR. THAT WILL FUCKING AWESOME YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Comment by Taylor — June 29, 2010 @ 19:42

How about some new music?

• Comment by DF Fan — June 30, 2010 @ 20:11

Yeah!! I need DragonForce for my veins!!

This Album is 2 CD? or has any DVD?

• Comment by Gustavo — July 2, 2010 @ 20:08

I’ll love it :D , i will be waiting for Ya !!

• Comment by radicaleagle — July 3, 2010 @ 14:47

Why can’t ZP sing one last time to say goodbye?! :(
    I mean.. dude.. Starfire.. :| how can anyone sing that just like ZP .. ? Ofcourse I will listen, but I really hope it will be awesome. And I also can’t wait for the 5th studio album. I hope you will be more awesome than ever.

• Comment by i hate haters — July 12, 2010 @ 01:52

My friend Ryan is a hater. He says that Herman Lee can’t play a whole song all at once. I don’t even think he knows that Sam Totman exists. Plus, he says that Dragonforce is drunk every time they go on stage. I can’t wait for him to hear this album.

• Comment by veccher — July 14, 2010 @ 20:35

would be cool some new songs and special participations,

• Comment by Matt — July 16, 2010 @ 03:07

Awesome! It’s nice to have 1 last CD with ZP on it. Him leaving may be the nail in the coffin for this band.

When you find your new singer, at least post a sound file of his rehearsal, that way it’ll save us the agony of having to wait for “judgment day”

• Comment by Dave — July 19, 2010 @ 04:57

I have been waiting for long time for this! i cant wait !! as i know when they perform its sucks! but I hope it will better live concert!

• Comment by RyuFirestorm — July 24, 2010 @ 20:22

Their music has helped me get through all those tough times, cuz there’s nothing that says “Stop loafin around and get over it” like some hard metal chords and an epic guitar/keyboard solo.

• Comment by Tyrell — July 30, 2010 @ 06:08

Ive been waiting for this for a while and my excitement is at its peak! Loved u guys in Edmonton on December 15, 2009, best birthday ever!

• Comment by Zachary Vazquez — July 31, 2010 @ 05:44

I would love to have a free mp3 of one of the songs from ur newest album. It will kick ass, i know it. As a matter of fact, it’ll melt my face off hearing it :D

• Comment by HamR0ll — July 31, 2010 @ 21:44

They should also release a live DVD withs \m/
    Dragonforce is awesome and funny live!! xD

• Comment by ZP Theart — August 5, 2010 @ 11:22

Putang ina ninyo, bakit umalis si ZP Theart?? Siya ang may pinakamagandang boses sa buong mundo, tapos itatapos ninyo lang siya. Mamatay kayo ng dilat. Pak u kayo!!

• Comment by Garrett — August 17, 2010 @ 14:52

Man I thought this was going to be a whole new album. *sigh* this is still gonnabe really good…why< Cause its DRAGONFORCE !

• Comment by sam — August 19, 2010 @ 14:14

will the cd tell us where the songs where played as i saw you in lincoln at the engineshed(you where totaly fucking awsome and i was at the front) and zp said we had made it onto the album but i cant rember which songs please reply

• Comment by Daquan — August 27, 2010 @ 05:46

umm..i Dont know if your ever going to read this or not but i made a promise to myself that one day Mr.Herman li i will Face you in a guitar Duel on stage and Become the Pure Talented Guitar Musician ^.- you can count on it, keep up the good work and Shred till your Ibanez Tells you to stop.-

• Comment by beno — September 4, 2010 @ 20:13

herman li when you come to indonesia……………???
    i love you dragonforce……

• Comment by Rusted Red — September 12, 2010 @ 14:40

Power Ranger Rock FOREVER!!! WOOT Although, there are many other names for this mind blowing metal. Favorite songs are Valley of the Damned, Flame of Youth, Fury of the Storm, and the Warrior’s Side.

• Comment by hernan — September 12, 2010 @ 16:22

que genial!! un disco en vivo de dragonforce!! me muero por tenerlo ya que soi un fans de la banda! tengo todos sus discos y estoy mas que seguro que este sera increible al igual que los otros! solo deseo que hagan otra gira mundial y vengan otra vez a chile!!

• Comment by TehPiGuy — September 18, 2010 @ 17:42

Just got the album, and it is f***ing awesome! All your best songs, and shredding the myths that you don’t deliver live!

• Comment by GUITARRALOKA — December 27, 2010 @ 02:17

este grupo es bn chevere especialmente Herman Li ke es un maestrazo de maestrazos