January14th

9 Comments

Due to the delay in completing their new album, DragonForce have unfortunately been forced to cancel their scheduled appearance at the upcoming 2012 Soundwave Festival.

DragonForce guitarist Sam Totman comments:

“It’s bitterly disappointing for us not to be able to play our debut Soundwave in 2012 because we were so looking forward to it and were going to kick off the World Tour there. The problem is we’ve only just finished the actual recording of the new album and now have the mastering, videos and a ton of worldwide promo to do. The album recording was already running late when Marc (Hudson, new singer) contracted laryngitis a couple of months back which meant he couldn’t finish his vocals in the studio on time and pushed the album release date back even further. Australia has always been great to us and we can 100% assure our Aussie fans that we will be touring there at some point in 2012, we just have to move our touring plans around a little to accommodate the delay. The good news is the album is sounding awesome and we are all eager for our fans to hear it and we hope everyone has a great Soundwave!”

The new DragonForce album will be released in Australia through 3Wise Records spring 2012.

9 Comments

• Comment by axelcapo99 — January 14, 2012 @ 11:48

:O good luck dragonforce n.n

• Comment by Taylor — January 16, 2012 @ 07:41

Well I live by a saying guys “You can’t make everyone happy all the time” its a shame you guys can”t do that show, But hey, Marc wanted in the band so bad, I know he wouldn’t use a sick day unless it was for a good reason, and thats about the best reason to use a sick day right there. I got faith in you guys, and Marc, once your better, Kick some ass. =)

• Comment by Taylor — January 16, 2012 @ 07:43

oh, and one more thing…. LONG LIVE DRAGONFORCE!!!! \m/

I cant wait for the new album guys!

• Comment by Francisalex — January 17, 2012 @ 03:59

Taylor is right. These things can happen. The important thing right now is that Marc is healthy now and you’re in full throttle with the new album.

• Comment by dragonforce fan — January 21, 2012 @ 06:31

idk about u guys but i think zp theart was a little bit better than marc and speaking of marc i hope he gets better

• Comment by Taylor — January 22, 2012 @ 18:11

Hey, Im gonna trust you guys in that your album will be released in spring, but you may wanna check the new letter 3Wise Records said, and this may potentially upset some fans, but two days after you posted that, they in their “news” say it won’t be released till autumn? Now I know you can’t make everyone happy all the time, I’ll understand, but is that true?

• Comment by Jesse — January 22, 2012 @ 21:23

I really hope that isn’t true Taylor :/ that would make a TON of their fans, including myself, upset considering how much they’ve already delayed the album. I’m with you and trusting them that it’s a spring release still…

• Comment by Kieran — January 23, 2012 @ 06:22

Australia is in the southern hemisphere if you didn’t know that. That means when it’s Spring in the northern hemisphere then it’s Autumn in the southern

• Comment by Taylor — January 27, 2012 @ 05:08

ah…hahaha, sorry I had a taylor, retarded moment. I forgot it was “reversed” so to speak, When I read that news letter they posted I was just caught up in the moment…… my bad :s