April1st

28 Comments

DragonForce members Herman Li, Sam Totman, Dave Mackintosh and Frédéric Leclercq were busy at the international music equipment fair Musikmesse, held in Frankfurt, Germany.

For the first time, Dave’s actual touring drum kit was on display at the Tama/Meinl booth. Herman’s EGEN18, EGEN8 and Sam’s STM1 Ibanez signature guitars can be seen next to Dave’s kit.

ESP adds another colour to Fred’s FL-600 signature bass.

In addition to taking part in signing sessions held by Ibanez, Tama, Meinl and Peavey. Herman, Sam and Dave got together for a special instrumental performance on Saturday.

Check out this footage of ‘Fury of the Storm’:

28 Comments

• Comment by Adrian — April 1, 2010 @ 13:21

cool!!!!!
    Fury Of The Storm great song!!!!!!

• Comment by Fan of DF — April 1, 2010 @ 13:55

Those instrumental songs bring me thoughts about you without Zippy :(

Btw, Herman, do you really play EGEN8 live? Or is it just a PLB EGEN18? I’ve been wondering about this for a long time… In the picture in Ibanez 2010 magazine, your EGEN has scalloped frets and in one video on YouTube, you threw your guitar to the tech (in Ankkarock 2009, I was there in the front row and you were the best band there!!!) and I think I saw ZPS in the PLB EGEN. You don’t have to answer, but I’d be very happy if you do.

That was a bit offtopic, but the EGEN8 still was in the first picture :S

• Comment by Delphine Eisenhuth — April 1, 2010 @ 14:06

that was so damn cool!!! you know when you see something and can’t help but sing along?! This is too damn awesome!!!

• Comment by cyberlord — April 1, 2010 @ 17:42

it was a very good performance, but the crowd sucks. i was the only one, singing all the time… %-)

• Comment by Chris — April 1, 2010 @ 20:00

Sam needs to cheer up!! I know, he needs another beer. :D

• Comment by Ignus Ferreira — April 2, 2010 @ 09:52

damn Sam does not look into this preformance, he seems really down :(

love you Sam! hang in there, you’ll get a new vocalist and be touring again in no time :D

KEEP ROCKING DRAGONFORCE!!! PLEASE :D WE ALL WANA HEAR LOTS MORE FROM YOU!

• Comment by i3rucei3ruce42 — April 3, 2010 @ 03:15

Sam, what’s up? Rock star blues? Personal issues? Why so sad? Good performance but problems in the band are heartbreak armageddon. We love you guys! Good luck to you all. Keep it real, and do what you want to do.

• Comment by Cody Cameron — April 3, 2010 @ 08:04

Wow! I like it how when my friend and I try to get footage for an interview we did with you guys, your asshole tour manager, John, has me thrown out! He yelled at me and said, “It’s bootlegging, it’s fucking illegal!”, even though he knew we were on the media guest list! Now, months later, I see this video filmed by a fan! How the fuck was he aloud to film and we weren’t?!

• Comment by Cody Cameron — April 3, 2010 @ 08:17

Don’t get me wrong, you guys STILL and ALWAYS WILL ROCK!!! I’m sorry to hear about ZP. However, it pisses me off to see someone else get his footage on your site while me and my friend were accosted by your tour manager! The night was ruined, our tape destroyed; all because of him! Is he still your manager? If so, tell him to “FUCK OFF!”

• Comment by Daniel Barkat — April 3, 2010 @ 20:16

oh how gorgeous!
    that was an epic performance!!!
    but you know, sam looks really depressive to me… no smile or something.
    i guess he’S really sad, that ZP left, I know you all were good friends… but so is life… unfair :(
    but i still wish you the best luck!
    keep on ruling! ’cause you are the essence of metal!

• Comment by Andrej — April 4, 2010 @ 16:46

nice performance, but its missing ZP. ):

• Comment by epicNinja123 — April 5, 2010 @ 03:22

amazing performane, please Sam, be happy :) there’s nothing better than a happy performance…no thats just gay.

• Comment by arturo — April 6, 2010 @ 23:22

los mas grandes guitarristas que existen, saludos de chile a todo el grupo espero que algun dia esten por estos lados de la tierra

• Comment by Miki — April 7, 2010 @ 06:53

wtf… :S without voice is nothing.. :( so sad

• Comment by SHIFTYgeorge — April 7, 2010 @ 09:08

to be honest, I prefer it without ZP’s wailing.

• Comment by AJSOLO — April 7, 2010 @ 20:07

I personally think Dragonforce should just remain instrumental until ZP comes back. I would be soooo fucking stoked if DF comes out with an instrumental album!!!

• Comment by Robyn — April 10, 2010 @ 23:50

Maybe if certain people left their egos at the door Sam wouldn’t look so sad and ZP would still be with them.

• Comment by razor13 — April 11, 2010 @ 02:43

that was great

• Comment by Stefan — April 16, 2010 @ 12:58

Hi. sorry to hear about ZP :( but a fast Q :) anyone know if they had og ever will come to denmark :) ???

• Comment by Stefan — April 16, 2010 @ 12:59

*or not og

• Comment by Samszee — April 17, 2010 @ 15:41

where is Vadim then? i swear everyone in the band is going around at the moment with interviews, shows etc except vadim

• Comment by Gaara — April 19, 2010 @ 09:17

I must buy guitar

• Comment by 3plupp — April 30, 2010 @ 13:12

not as good without the ZP, DragonForce really need a singer. He was the best singer I ever heard. I think the Fury of the storm is a really good song but DragonForce does not instrumental. If you get a singer as powerful as ZP or if he comes back, it will be much better.

• Comment by Shadow Wolf — May 11, 2010 @ 02:56

Aw Sam looks sad, I felt it when he was playing the Fury of the Storm, I know you and ZP were like great friends! Well I am still glad Dragonforce is still around and playing, but just instrumental, glad Herman Li is having a blast! But he always is when he plays Dragonforce songs. :] So that’s good too hear, get better with the Band all! We need a new singer! Oh, Dragonforce, when are you stopping the auditions? You may want to watch Kyle Michael’s audition! He’s really great!

• Comment by NejiHyuga900 — May 15, 2010 @ 00:21

Cool instrumental version of Fury of the Storm. If only ZP would have stayed.

• Comment by lucas — May 25, 2010 @ 23:25

BRASILLL
    VEM FAZ SHOW EM BRASILLL!

• Comment by didi — June 11, 2010 @ 04:12

sometime dragon force concert in Jakarta-Indonesia

I wait for presence

• Comment by saylens — September 27, 2010 @ 18:43

you guys re awesome there is tonn of videos on youtube dont be sad only zp did leave the hool band didnt break opp